Annuity Payout Calculator
Enter your annuity details
Years to pay out years
Capital growth rate %
Return on annuity
How to Calculate an Annuity Payout
What is an Annuity?
An annuity is a lump sum of money that is invested for the purpose of securing a constant income for a specified period. Generally, the return is guaranteed for a period of time at a fixed rate. The risk of being able to grow the initial investment in order to pay the fixed income is taken by the investment company. The advantages to the investor are usually the favorable tax benefit that accrues, as well as the guaranteed income. The annuity increases by its interest return and pays out a fixed sum for the duration of the specified period. At the end of the specified duration, the funds are depleted and the investment is terminated.
Annuity Calculator Instructions
1. Starting capital is the amount of capital invested.
2. Years to pay out is how many years until the investment will be depleted.
3. Growth rate is the return that is generated by the investment company on the initial capital funds.
4. Payment frequency is the amount of income payments made each year : monthly, quarterly or annually.
5. Start payments immediately – if checked, then the first income payment is received immediately after the investment is made;
6. If unchecked, then income payments start after the specified duration.
If the Years to Pay Out is set at one year and the Start Period is left checked, the full capital sum is simply returned to the investor.
For an investment of $100,000 over 20 years at a return of 8%, the following annual income payments will be made:
a. If immediate income is selected: $9,430.76
b. If income is deferred until the end of the first year: $10,185.22
c. If income is deferred until the end of the second year: $11,000.04
In general, the quicker the income payments are made, the less the income growth is able to build up and therefore the smaller the total income. $100,000 invested over 5 years with a return of 10% and income payment deferred to the end first year, returns overall
$127,482.53 in monthly payments
$128,294.35 in quarterly payments
$131,898.73 in annual payments